Some of our daycare parents moving to Alexandria, VA asked about local resources restuarants, . We comprised a list of local business links as a courtesy to help them transition to the area.
- Mount Vernon community is a neighborhood in Alexandria, VA.
Places to Go in Alexandria – Mount Vernon
- Visit George Washington’s Mount Vernon Estate
3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway
Mount Vernon, VA 22121
- Mount Vernon Bike Trail
- Mount Vernon Farmers Market
Places to Eat
These restaurants are located along the Richmond Highway – U.S. Rte. 1 corridor.
- Mamma’s Kitchen – Italian and Greek
- Buffalo Wild Wings -American (Traditional), Chicken
- Wing Stop – American (Traditional), Chicken
- Tacos El Costalilla – Mexican
- Quickfire Hibachi – Japanese, Sushi Bars
- Jersey Mike’s Subs – Delis, Sandwiches, Fast Food
- La Mexicana Bakery & Taqueria – Mexican Bakery
- Paisano’s Pizza – Best pizza on Richmond Hwy.
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries – Burgers and Fries
- Ruby Tuesday – American Restaurant
Local Places to Shop
These shopping centers are located along the Richmond Highway – U.S. Rte. 1 corridor.
- Engleside Plaza – 8626 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22309
- ABC Store – Alchohol
- Pizza Hut
- BB&T Bank
- Fire House Subs
- Any Time Fitness and more…
- Mount Vernon Plaza Shopping Center – 7694 Richmond Highway
Alexandria, VA 22306
- Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Home Depot
- U.S. Post Office
- TJ Maxx
- Ruby Tuesday
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Moe’s Southwest Grill
- Starbucks Coffee
- Noodles & Company
- Sport Clips
- Advance Auto Parts and more…
- Beacon Hill Shopping Center – 67-6800 Richmond Hwy., Alexandria, VA 22306
- Famous Daves
- Boston Market
- Home Goofds
- Payless and more…
Places to Stay
All hotels are located along the Richmond Highway – U.S. Rte. 1 corridor.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott
- Hampton Inn Old Town Area
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
- Red Roof Inn Plus Richmond Highway
- Springfield Mall – Very nice mall with a lot of stores and a movie theatre.
- Pentagon City – Big box mall and located in Arlington, VA.
- Potomac Yard – North of Alexandria (Outdoor Mall)
- Kingstowne Towne Center – Outdoor mall (10 min from Mount Vernon)
- Potomac Mills – HUGE mall – Located in Woodbridge, VA. South of Alexandria.
- Landmark Mall – This mall is located off of Duke St. in Alexandria.
- Tysons Corner – Home to over 300 specialty and high end department stores.
Big Box Stores along Richmond Hwy – Rt 1.
- Target – 6600 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria, VA 22306-6601 (703) 253-0018
- Walmart – 7910 Richmond Hwy., Alexandria, VA 22306 (703) 799-881
- Costco – 7940 Richmond Hwy Alexandria, VA 22306 (571) 458-3500
- Walmart and Costco – are adjacent to one another
Commonwealth of Virginia Websites
Alexandria, VA Organizations
- SFDC – Southeast Fairfax Development Corporation Southeast Fairfax Development Corporation. A nonprofit economic development organization.
- List of Non-Profit Organizations
City of Alexandria Links
The City of Alexandria aka Alexandria City aka Old Town Alexandria is an independent city in the Commonwealth of Virginia. It is approximately 15-20 minutes away from Mount Vernon.
- AlexandriaVa.gov – Alexandria City Official Website
- Alexandria City Public Schools
- City of Alexandria Visitors website
- Alexandria Economic Development Partnership
- Old Town Shopping
Places to Visit in The City of Alexandria
Fairfax County Links
Fairfax County, officially the County of Fairfax, is a county in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The southern part of Alexandria is in Fairfax County. The northern part of Alexandria is located in the county known as the City of Alexandria.
- FairfaxCounty.gov – Fairfax County Official Website
- Fairfax County Economic Development Authority
- Fairfax County Public Schools
Fort Belvoir Army Base
- Fort Belvoir Army Base – is a United States Army installation and a census-designated place (CDP) in Fairfax County, Virginia. The base is adjacent to Alexandria Mount Vernon.
Airports in The Region
- Reagan National Airport – The address for Reagan says D.C. but it’s actually located in Virginia.
- BWI Airport – Baltimore Washington, D.C. International Airport
- Dulles Airport – Dulles International Airport
Last Updated: Dec 19, 2018